Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gee, Thanks

It's been one of those more-than-just-interesting weeks, so Blogland has been a great escape during some times when my day has given me a little more than I can handle. Coni and Anna have been especially guffaw-provoking this week. Thank you all for the relief I get from cruising through your familiar and happy cyberplaces.

Thanks also for your funny and kind comments about my new man and his new best man-friend. Sometimes Santa is just what we need in a man. If I can figure out a way to work in another project so I can have a third man, I can use them to imagine what it's like to be Bill on "Big Love". On second thought, I'd be infintely happier with my three Santa men than Bill could possibly be with his wives (apologies to those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about). No drama with Santa men.

Now a thank you to Patti for presenting me with this bloggy award ...


I'm truly appreciative that she finds this little corner of Blogland a good place to be. I'm supposed to nominate eight blogs to receive this award, but that's not my best skill. Because I tend to bend rules and regs and want to do things my own way (look, Mom, I'm admitting it), I'd rather encourage anyone who's reading to look at the comments on my last post (even my blogless mom commented!)and visit each one of those bloggers. They have their own unique styles of stitching and writing, and they're more than worthy of a visit from you. Patti, I apologize if I've driven you nuts by refusing to follow the rules. I can be a pain in the ass.

Finally (she said, feeling like an Oscar-winner who's gone on and on and ...), how about some stitchy talk? Very little stitching was accomplished last night. I was hanging around with the man I hang around with, and then I drove him to the airport at 4:00 this morning. The big stinker is now on a beach in Belize. The plan for this evening is to work on Lo How a Rose, but I may need a nap first. I also should walk my miles (I try to require at least four each day), but a nap may win my attention first.

One more work day 'til Spring Break! Make some fun.

7 comments:

Patricia Lessell said...

You are so welcome regarding the award you so deserve it. I really love your blog and I really love your new little FAT man. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Brigitte said...

Oh how I know this kind of week. Stitching and visiting blogland is truely a kind of escape when you just need that.
You will have a wonderful spring break!

Annemarie said...

Well, if the guy you hang around with is now hanging around on a beach somewhere, I say, balls to the walk and to bed you go. Also, work on Lo.
The blog award is totally deserved. I'm glad to have found your corner of Blogland.

Deb said...

Congratulations on your award! I love reading your blog and I just love those men!!!

Diane (di) said...

Doris, I ditto Annemarie. If your man is in Belize (Oh my goodness that sounds fabulous!), I say a nap sounds delicious!! Then you'll wake up refreshed (grab a glass of your favorite bev) and stitch Lo until your hands fall off. I love that plan! ;) Congratulations on your award and thanks for posting on my blog.
Have a wonderful stitchy week-end.

Anna van Schurman said...

Your comment about my blog is better than any award! Thanks.

Joy said...

Hi Doris ~ Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I like your blog, too, and that ATS really caught my eye.It is lovely. And yes, the Santa men would definitely have less drama then Bill! lol I love that show!