Sunday, April 15, 2012

April WIPocalypse, Etc.

Well, I completely lost March. I had good intentions, took pictures, but I could never settle my butt into the office chair for long enough to post. So here I am two months later ... sheesh ... what's new?


Life has been busy, as always. Sweet Keagan turned two, and yummy little Blake is soon to be eight months. Here's a braggy grandma picture, because I just can't help myself


I actually have a stitchy finish to show you. Here's the Napa Valley Sampler from Ewe & Eye & Friends.
It was kitted with Anchor floss and Gentle Art Sampler Threads, but I switched out the Anchor for DMC. The Anchor greens were just too close to each other. I also changed the fabric from 40-count Sandstone to a little piece of 36-count R & R of unknown color. It's darker and blotchier than the Sandstone was, and I wanted the piece to be a little larger. Instead of doing Kam's coils in the trees (my most dreaded stitch ... ugh), I used two strands of floss and did some Smyrna crosses. Finally, I added our friends' initials and ours. It looks much better in real life.


Adding to my WIP list, I've begun a small sampler from E&E&F. There's so little progress that I didn't take a pic yet, so maybe I can show you a finished version next month (more positive thinking).


Knitting has been big lately, and I finished a new pair of socks for my sister.
The tag on the yarn says that "every sock is unique", which I think I proved. I was knitting a pair for myself at the same time (also unique), but I rushed ahead to finish her second sock before finishing mine. 


A new man came to live with me since I saw y'all last. He's very cute and will look perfect when sitting with his buddies on my mantle later this year.
He's the Ewe & Eye & Friends Limited Edition Santa from 1994 that I showed you here. He turned out so nice and fat!


OK, that's enough for today. Next time it'll be a finish to the giveaways, and I'll try to get on it sooner rather than later. Until then, make some fun.

14 comments:

Maggie said...

Santa turned out just lovely and your unique sock are just great! (I've yet to tackle socks)

Great photo of your grandbabies too :-)

Have a good week

Margaret said...

Oh the Santa is soooo cute! I love how it came out! And the EEF finish is gorgeous! I love EEF. Your grandkids are adorable!

Deb said...

That Santa (and all your other ones) is so darned adorable. I'm really sorry I didn't hop on the bandwagon with those years ago. I have some of their other kids, but not those. I just love him.

Great photos of your grandchildren. Such sweeties and you must be so proud.

And love those socks too. I've ever attempted them, but everyone tells me they are so warm to wear that I guess I'll have to try at some point.

Deb said...

Opps, I meant kits - not kids - I don't need any more kids! LOL I type too darned fast!!

Anna van Schurman said...

Cute fat man...and I'm not talking about the baby. Those boys are gorgeous. Love the Santa, though.

Okay, gross my verification: instrude eaterme

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your fat Santa looks fantastic. Love your EEF finish too. Adorable grandkids!

Anonymous said...

Now, where do I begin ?
* I love your new man. Proves that one can be fat and very attractive.
* Your (grand-)babies are cuties. They'll turn into lean handsome young men, of course. No rush.
* Like your EEF finish -- makes me feel like stitching EEF. My way, like you do.
* Socks. Well, I could do with a pair of home knitted socks when sitting still and stitching, as we are having a cold spring (after a warm winter).
* Last, but not least, thank you for your visits to my blog. Always a pleasure to "see" you.
Have a great week, V.

Giovanna said...

Love the EEF finishes, congrats! And your grandkids are so sweet :-)

Chris said...

Wonderful finishes! I love EEF designs.

Jennifer said...

Your sweet little GRAND babies are adorable. Your life has certainly changed Doris. That is GREAT! Santa is so cute. Fun to do Christmas in the off season and then you will pull him out and enjoy him on the mantel. Looking forward to the next post!! Have fun .

Susan said...

Those Grandbabies are too sweet - certainly brag worthy! The Santa turned out very cute. Love the socks - I have lots of yarn for them but have yet to actually knit any.

Katrina said...

Your grandsons are too sweet!!!! I can't believe how big they are getting :-).

Gorgeous finishes, love the new man especially!!!

Kellie said...

What cutie patootie babies!!! :) You should be a proud grandma, they are adorable! Love the Napa Valley Sampler. Very pretty. The socks are awesome! Socks are one of my favorite things to knit. My usually turn out "unique" too, but that gives them character. :)
Love the new man who came to live with you! He's a keeper.

Brigitte said...

I love this little Santa very much. Great finishing!
What a lovely EEF piece.
I always love to see pictures of your grandkids on your blog. They are real sweeties and I'm so eager to have such a little sweetie of my own, lol.